If you have a built-in Qualcomm Gobi mobile broadband device in your notebook/netbook then you are in the right place.
1. Download the firmware up-loader if your laptop is Toshiba Satellite M505-s4945. Otherwise you can Download source code of the firmware up-loader. Then change the device ID and vendor ID in the source code and build your own firmware up-loader.
2. Create a directory ‘USBNotificationExample’ in ‘/Library/Application Support/’ or ‘/Library/Application Support/’
3. Copy firmware image files that is appropriate for your mobile operator (amss.mbn and apps.mbn) in that directory. You will get those image files if you have installed WWAN Connection Manager in windows.
4. Run the application downloaded. This will upload the firmware image files to the device.
5. Install the modem device driver that I have patched for Qualcomm Gobi.